- New and advanced use of digital sensor technology.
- New compact design
- Unparalleled Data Quality: up to 0.02% of full scale
- High speed : 400Hz per channel
- Absolute and differential measurements
- Electrically driven valve for purge and re-zero
- Complete with IEEE 1588 PTPv2 time stamping
- Internal Heaters for use down to -55°C
- 24 bit ADC per channel
- Output over Ethernet (100Mbit TCP/IP / UDP), Chell native protocol, CAN and IENA
- Quick disconnect measurement couplings
- Fully configurable over Ethernet with embedded web server
The Chell flightDAQ2 is another step forward in Chell’s long line of pressure scanners optimised for test cell and flight use. The flightDAQ2 makes use of high accuracy digital absolute transducers to give unparalleled performance in the most compact package – even in the most demanding environments.
The flightDAQ2 will output differential or absolute temperature compensated engineering unit pressure data over Ethernet with the Chell native protocol, IENA, and CAN at speeds up to 400Hz per channel. For ease of setup, this can be accomplished over the Ethernet interface or with the intuitive in-built web server.
The flightDAQ2 incorporates an electrically driven shuttle valve for purge and re-zero – therefore removing the need for high pressure supply lines associated with previous versions. The shuttle valve features positional feedback, current sensing on the motor and a count of the number of shuttles to help with planning maintenance requirements. The valve life is tested to 10,000 cycles.
For cold applications, it has an in-built heater to maintain valve operation at cold temperatures.. In addition, there is an internal purge control valve to switch the purge gas on and to vent it before the valve is returned to run.
External measurement connectors are made with the Chell MD3 quick disconnect top plate allowing a quick change of testing scenarios.
The flightDAQ2 is designed for on-engine as well as airframe applications and as such is tested to D0160G.